Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Spinning




Are you getting tired of listening to me go on and on about spinning? I'm so sorry, I just can't help it.




A new shipment of fluff arrived in the mail Monday. Thank goodness because I just finished plying my yarn from last week.
This fluff comes from Greenwood Fiber Works





It's hand painted roving and It's gorgeous.



I started with the blue and green braid called "Vancouver" and it is spinning up so thin and lovely.
I think that learning to spin is sort of like learning to play the piano.


The more you practice the better you get, or maybe I should say the easier it is.


When I was taking piano lessons as a child I had to practice for 30 minutes a day, so that's my spinning goal. To "practice" at least 30 minutes a day.








I wish that I had enjoyed "practicing" the piano as much as I enjoy "practicing" spinning. I would probably be a really good pianist if that were the case.











Can you tell that I really am getting the hang of it?

No more thick and thin issues. I think I've even figured out how to keep from over spinning.

This is 4 0z of fluff that I will hopefully 2 ply. One of my co-workers is expecting a baby boy in August and I'm thinking that this might make a perfect baby boy something. Maybe a hat and booties, or a little sweater....



The possibilities are endless.



Sally





















No comments: