Monday, November 5, 2012

A Confusing Season

We have now entered into that time of year that really confuses me and sometimes ruffles a few feathers, at least in this house. Grace came home last weekend and informed me that Gingerbread Lattes are now available at Starbucks. She has recently started working at her local Target in Lexington and is getting to hear holiday music while she sells Christmas decorations and gifts. She loves it!  November is such a tricky month. I'm still enjoying my Pumpkin Spice Lattes but the Gingerbread ones are my absolute favorite. I can't find a radio station in this city that is playing holiday music yet (in Iowa City they started the day after Halloween) so, I've been listening to some of my favorite CD's in the car. Our house is still decked out in "Fall" but I'm making Christmas lists and gathering gifts and thinking about cards. Seriously, who waits until after Thanksgiving to start getting organized for Christmas? If you are one of "those" people I really admire you. I think I could be a "Christmas all year round" kind of person. I love everything single thing about this time of year except for the crowds at the mall and all of the crazy traffic. If I can't find a parking spot I do get a little nuts. Just ask my kids. But other than that from now through December things just can't get any better.

Sally

No comments: