Monday, November 26, 2012

Pie

Last week I mentioned that I'd tried a new pie recipe this year for Thanksgiving and that if it turned out well I would share the recipe with you. Well, it's your lucky day if you like pie. I chose this recipe because I was generously gifted pecans from my Aunt Trudy. I guess I should mention that some of the pecans were picked up on the golf course by my Dad and Uncle Henry too. The added benefits of playing golf...
 Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie


1 refrigerated pie crust, homemade or store bought
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup Jim Beam Bourbon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves (or pieces)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 Partially prebake the crust at 400 degrees until golden; let cool
Reduce oven temperature to 350
Combine the eggs, sugar, and corn syrup in a large bow. Whisk well to combine. Add the bourbon, butter and vanilla. Whisk again until evenly combined. Scatter the pecans and chocolate ships evenly over the cooled pie shell. Whisk the filling once more, then slowly pour it over the nuts and chips.Bake until the filling is set, about 45-50 minutes, rotating the pie 180 degrees halfway through the baking.

Don't tell anyone, but the cherry pie filling came from a can. I did add a little vanilla and dotted it with tiny pieces of butter before I put the top lattice crust on. I didn't try the cherry, but Alan and Grace enjoyed it.

Sally

No comments: