Friday, November 9, 2012

Honey Butter Love


My card club (making not playing) meets tonight. We are having breakfast for dinner and I was asked to make my "special" Honey Butter. I know I've shared this recipe with you before, but I know some of you probably haven't made it yet, so here it is again...
1 cup honey
1 cup sugar
Cook in a sauce pan on the stove. Boil for 1 minute and pour over 3 sticks of butter in your blender. Blend on high until smooth. That's it. Extremely difficult as you can see. You do have to be careful not to burn yourself on the hot honey sugar mixture. You should also be careful not to burn your tongue when you sneak a taste....
I've always had a thing for red and white bakers twine, but lately I've been seeing it used to decorate just about everything. I decided to make each of my club members their own little honey jar to take home.  I love the wee tiny Ball jars. I think they hold about 1/2 a cup, 4 oz there about. Just enough!
Hope you have great plans for the weekend. It is going to be lovely here, so you can imagine that more hiking is probably on the agenda... I think we will also try to get in a little more grilling and maybe one last dinner on the deck before we have to store the outdoor furniture for the winter. Hope it's going to be warm where you are too.
Sally

No comments: