Friday, November 30, 2012

Something to Show You


So you know how I've been talking about all of this secret knitting that I'm working on? Well, today I'm going to show you something that started out as a gift, but now it's not...That sounds just awful. I'm sorry, I just love it so much I can't part with it. I've been wearing it all day so now I have to keep it. Right?

It's called the ANANKE shawl and it was designed by Shannon Squire. I knit it out of Socks that Rock light weight yarn in the color called Black Magic. I worked on it over Thanksgiving mostly on the long drive to and from North Carolina. I'm calling it my Thanksgiving Traveling Shawl.
Now I have to get busy making another gift for the person that this was intended for. Maybe I should just knit the exact same thing again so I won't feel the need to keep it. I am such a bad person. Please forgive me for my "giving" issues. I'm working on it. I promise.
We have plans to "start" decorating the house for Christmas. I'm not sure how far we will get, but so long as the tree goes up and the lights are in the windows I'll feel better.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sally



No comments: