Thursday, April 18, 2013

Over the River

Louisville has a new walking bridge. It will eventually connect our side of the river with the Indiana side of the river. All I can say is that it's very cool and because it's NEW it's very crowded. Alan and I have been waiting for a nice day to try it out and last Sunday we got our chance. Here are some pictures that I took of the bridge which is called the Big Four or Five or something like that. It has to do with the railroad and the cities that were connected by it. There are also a couple of pictures of the view from the top.





This is as far as you can go. That's Indiana down there.


Hopefully the Indiana side will be finished in August sometime. There are a couple of fun restaurants over there and we think it would be nice to be able to walk across the river for dinner. The bridge is open all the time, and while I'd love to see the city from it at night, that's just a little bit scary for me. Maybe with a crowd of people I could be brave.
Sally

No comments: