Friday, April 12, 2013

Very Early Signs of Spring











Another crazy week has passed and I have neglected to let you all know what's been going on around here. To be perfectly honest not a whole lot. I do have lots of pictures of regular everyday life, finished projects, new recipes to try and a little home improvement thanks to my Dad, so hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get them all onto the blog. We did have some very mild "hot" weather this past week. 2 days in the 80's. 86 degrees to be exact. The heat combined with the rain we also got really helped to get spring going. Our grass is green and in need of a haircut. Flowers are popping up everywhere and as you can see from the picture above our giant hole from last weeks sewer problem is now filled, planted with new grass seed and covered with straw. Things cooled off a little last night, but Sunday is supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny. That is perfect weather if you ask me. Before I forget, last year I picked up 2 giant red geraniums from Costco for $19.00 each. They lasted all summer and were perfect for our deck. This past Tuesday I called Costco and found out that they had just unloaded a truck load of plants. My Dad and I rushed over there and actually bought 4 giant red geraniums. I decided to put 2 on the front porch this year. The cost has gone up a tad $19.49, but I have not been able to find any this size or this healthy any place else. If you are a fan of red geraniums, head on over to your local Costco and check them out.
Have a great day!
Sally

No comments: