Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pinterest Finds

I know I've talked at length several times before about my new found love for Pinterest, but you are just going to have to bare with me while I do it again. I just think it is the most clever way ever to organize just about anything that needs organizing. A few weekends ago I devoted several hours to reorganizing some of my boards. What I found was that a few of my categories were just too broad and it was taking me too long to search for things. A good example was my board called "What's Cooking?". It included every single recipe that I had ever pinned. I went in and made new boards for Breakfast ideas, Desserts, Breads, Salads, Cookies and Bars, Starters and Snacks. I then resorted so everything makes more sense. At least it makes more sense to me. What I noticed while doing this bit of spring cleaning was that there were several recipes that I had pinned multiple times. I decided it was time to give those a try. I've already shared the Nutella Banana Bread recipe under "I Love the Taste of..." Here are a few more that we enjoyed and I would highly recommend.
Roasted Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes.
I used breasts with the bone in and skin on because they were on sale at Kroger. I really think cooking this dish that way kept the chicken extra tender and juicy.
Spinach and Mushroom Egg Cups
I used my jumbo muffin tin and only made 6 large cups. I used cupcake liners and after they cooled I packaged each one in a Ziploc bag and stuck them in the freezer. All I do in the morning is pull one out and stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes. 

Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Alan and I had this cake for Easter. I obviously used my bunt pan which I think make it extra special.
That's probably enough for now. If you want to check out my Pinterest boards just click on the link on the right side top of the blog.
Sally

No comments: