Monday, April 15, 2013

Project Update

Here's what's just completed, just begun and brand new.
Remember the socks I was knitting two at a time? I think I started them in February and they are finally finished. The big problem is that they don't really fit me very well. I made the top leg too short and the after thought heel thing just isn't working for me. Grace likes them, so I guess I'll pass them on to here.

 I'm going back to my regular old way of knitting socks. I like my bamboo double pointed needles and don't you think this yarn is just perfect for spring? That was me being a bit facetious It's a little on the bright side, but it's what I had in my stash and since I'm on a yarn diet of sorts I thought I should use it up.
 I also started working on this new shawl/scarf with yarn that I got about a year ago when I was in the Socks that Rock yarn club. The pattern is called Breaking Waves and it's a bit challenging for me. I have to keep the pattern close so I'd say it requires the majority of my attention. Not TV knitting.
 So I mentioned the yarn diet that I put myself on back in January. The goal was to use up most of my stash including fiber and yarn that I have spun. I've been doing a great job. I have not purchased any new yarn or fiber until last week. I just couldn't help myself. I saw these sweet little kits mentioned on the Knitting Den podcast and was lucky enough to snag one. The kit came with the gnome project bag, a lavender sachet, stitch markers and beautiful yarn from Never Enough Thyme.

Now, these colors are what I call springy. I just couldn't resist. I don't know what I'm going to knit out of it just yet, but once I figure that out I will probably start on it right away.
Hope you have a little spring in your life too.
Sally

No comments: