Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas EveTradition

We continued with our family tradition of having Fondue for dinner on Christmas eve. There is seriously something wrong with passing around a bowl full of raw meat, sticking it on skewers and then into boiling hot oil while sitting around your dining room table. Every year I ponder how this particular tradition got started. It's a mystery. I tend to want to blame my mother. I think she thought it would be "fun" for the kids way back when. It's still fun, especially the chocolate Fondue for dessert part. I'm not so sure about the rest of it, but it's tradition, so what are you going do?


I'm going to post some of the "special sauce" recipes under the I love the taste of... tab at the top of my blog in case you and your family want to give this tradition a try. I've found that it's best to open a window, or turn off your smoke alarm in advance. Just a suggestion mind you.


Sally


No comments: