Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011

Our house feels naked. There are no signs of Christmas left. Growing up, my Dad instilled in me that "One should never enter the new year with the old year hanging around". Those are not his words exactly, but the idea is that you want to start the new year "fresh".



I can't believe that 2011 is coming to an end. I've been trying to catch up with all of my favorite Blogs today, and everyone is writing such beautiful, inspiration filled wishes for the new year. My mind is still in a Christmas blur, so I apologize for my lack of poetic genius.


I mentioned in my last post that Santa brought me a new camera, what I didn't mention is that my learning curve for new devices is pretty slow. Most all of the pictures that I have taken so far have come out either blurry, or extremely yellow. I admit that I have been playing with the settings. I probably should have just left everything set on auto. Needless to say I need more practice. My camera does have a special "food" setting, so maybe once I get the hang of it all of my "I love the taste of..." pictures will look even more yummy.


I was hoping to jot down a few resolutions or goals for the coming year, but the main ones seem to be the same as every other year. We do have plans this year to visit Grace in Spain and hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, so my usual goals of getting in shape and losing some weight seem a little more urgent. Not to mention that I'll be turning 50 this year and I've heard that after you reach that milestone, everything just gets a little harder, or softer depending on how you look at it.


What I'm really hoping for in 2012 is more time for all of the people, places and activities that I enjoy most. I do realize that it's mostly up to me to make that time and so that's what I am planing to do, make more time.


Best wishes to all of you for the New Year! Thank you for reading my little blog and encouraging me with your positive comments and ideas. Hope to see you all in 2012.


Sally






No comments: