Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fabulous Fall Weekend ~ Part 1

 Even though the weather was not picture perfect on Saturday, Alan was a trooper and drove me to the Southern Indiana Fiber Arts Festival. It was held at the Harrison County Fairgrounds in Corydon Indiana. I'm not kidding about the weather. It was about 48 degrees, cloudy, misty and basically yuck. The trees on the way there were the most beautiful that I have seen so far this fall. Just gorgeous. I felt like I was on sensory overload. Just spectacular. The Fiber Fair was very nice. Not too big, so we were able to walk and shop through all three buildings in a about an hour. They had the cutest llamas and sheep out for viewing. We fell in love with this little fella. His name was Midas and he was the softest thing ever. The little boy showing him off was pretty cute too. I bought some fluff from the shop pictured above and a batt from another shop. I bought some other things as well, but I'm saving them for Christmas gifts so I can't show them to you just yet.
 We met up with our friends on the Corydon square and had a yummy lunch at a little diner called Fredrick's. After lunch we stopped by their house for a cup of hot chocolate and so that Alan could help Gordon move a piece of furniture up stairs. We got home in time to watch a little football. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday in October.
Sally

No comments: