Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Promiscuous Knitting Update

 If you remember, last week I mentioned that I was going to try and work on more than one knitting project at a time. It really was challenging for me. I think I've figured it out. It's too much trouble to switch back and forth. I forget where I am in the pattern, not to mention that it feels like I'm starting all over. I did manage to finish my coffee press cozy. I love how it turned out. This is some yarn that I spun a while back. I think the fiber was from the fiber club that I was in. I can't remember what is called.

 I also made a lot of progress with my little shawl. I am going to use up all of the yarn so mine will be a tad bit bigger than the actual pattern. I hate having just a little bit of yarn left over. The colors are really beautiful and I can't wait to wear it. I'll be wearing it as a scarf, since I'm not really the shawl type. My shoulders are just to big and I think they look silly on me.
I almost finished one sock. All that is left to do is the toe decreases. I'm really not sure about this yarn. The blue and grey stripes are fine, but the other colors are kind of neon and sort of shocking to the eye. I guess they will be hidden under the leg of my pants, but still.... just not sure I'll ever wear them. Who knows, you just might get them for Christmas, or your Birthday. Anyway, after this little experiment, I'm thinking I'll go back to my old monogamous knitting ways. At least I gave it a try.

Sally

No comments: