Monday, October 22, 2012

Fabulous Fall Weekend ~ Part 2

 Can you guess what time of year it is? If you guessed "hiking time" you are the winner.  The weather on Sunday was picture perfect and we took total advantage of it.  We headed back to Indiana  to Charlestown State park and hiked trail 3. I'm just going to show you a whole bunch of pretty pictures. Are you ready?










 I told you they were pretty pictures. I'm hoping the leave here in Kentucky will look like this soon. You know my favorite part of the "hike" is the "picnic" after all the hiking is over.  Yesterday we sat by the Ohio river and enjoyed our little feast. Honey Crisp apples are my favorite apple by far.

 They are especially tasty when dipped in caramel sauce.

These little apples were not half bad either. Those Moravian's sure do know how to make a crispy cookie. It made me really happy to see that the cookies were actually apple shaped. So cute.
Not sure where we will hike next weekend. It all depends on the weather.  I'm quite the fickle hiker and if the conditions are not just right I can come up with a ton of other things that "need" to get done. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots more beautiful days to come.
Sally

No comments: