Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Feeling A Bit Octoberish


 A chill is in the air here in Louisville, so much so that we had to turn the heater on for just a bit last night to warm up the house. Don't you just love that funky smell your furnace makes the first time you use it each year?  The trees are really starting to change and I guess we are going to be at our peek for pretty colored leaves sometime next week. Hopefully we will be able to get out and see some of them before they all fall off the trees.

 I have not taken an official "pumpkin count", but I'm guessing that right now we probably have about 15 of them scattered around the yard, and maybe about the same amount in the house. I just can't stop buying them. Big ones, little ones, it doesn't matter. I love them all.
 If you look real closely at this picture, you can see both me and Maggie reflected in the door. Actually, she is in the house barking her head off at me while I try to get a decent picture of the front of the house.



 This veiny pumpkin is my new favorite. It's just so cool. I've never seen one like this before.


I'm also loving this Trader Joe's Spiced Cider. You might remember me talking about it last year. For some crazy reason I bought way more than we could drink last fall. I stuck 2 bottles in the basement and I just checked the "use by" date. These babies don't expire until November of 2013. Wonder what they put in this stuff. Really I don't care. A mug of it heated in the microwave along with a coupe of Pumpkin Spice Kisses makes the perfect treat after a nice long walk with the dog.
Hope you are enjoying every minute of your October.

Sally









No comments: