Friday, October 19, 2012

My New Yarn Bowl


You may remember that last Christmas I bought myself a beautiful pottery bowl to hold my yarn. It was a great bowl. I used it all the time. Last week my poor bowl got broken when George decided to stretch and knocked it off the ottoman. I'm sure it was all my fault for putting there, but I'm still blaming George. I was sad about it for a little while and then when I got over moping, I went online and ordered a new one.
I found it in an Etsy shop and it's even more beautiful than my first one. It's a little bigger and rounder and seems to "hug" my cake of yarn nicely. I got it from Ning's Pottery and it was made by the very talented ceramic artist Ke Ning Dauffenbach. If you are in the market for a yarn bowl, I would highly recommend that you check her out. www.ningswonderworld.etsy.com

Here is a little sneak peek at my hat and fingerless mitts that I'm currently working on I hope to have them finished today. Alan and I are going to go to the Southern Indiana Fiber Arts Festival tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to find some lovely local fiber to spin. We are also planning to meet some of our Indiana friends for lunch. Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me. Hope you have plans for a perfect weekend too.
Sally

No comments: