Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Monogamous Knitting

 It appears that I am what the knitting world calls a monogamous knitter. I usually choose to work on one project at a time. I have a difficult time switching back and forth between projects. Maybe it's my attention span. I'm not really sure. Anyway, according to the "real" or "serious" knitters out there in the cyber knitting community monogamous knitting is not the way to go. One "should" be working on multiple projects of varying difficulty, using different size needles and different weights of yarn. Doing this is supposed to help keep your fingers and wrists from cramping and aching. When my fingers and wrists start to cramp or ache, I usually just stop knitting.... I guess I've been wrong all these years. What I'm supposed to do is just switch to a different project. Genius! I can't believe I never thought of that.
This week I am attempting to not be monogamous (in my knitting) I'm going to be a bit more promiscuous.
I've got three projects going, socks, a shawl/scarf and a cozy for my french coffee press. The cozy is the easiest project and could be done in an hour if I don't pace myself. I'm not at all sure that this is going to work for me. I'll keep you posted.
Sally

No comments: