Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love Fridays



I'm trying to pretend that spring is in the air. I know some of you got a good dumping of snow last night, but honestly, once the daffodils hit the grocery store, you know that spring can't be that far away. Besides, it's Friday and that makes everything good.


Right now I'm sitting here at our messy computer desk eating my lunch. I thought that if I sat down and wrote out some of the things that I'd like to accomplish this weekend, they might actually get done.


I've been fighting a bit of a cold all week, so my motivation level has been low

Surely this "power salad" will kick me into gear and get me going. Doesn't it look good? It's my low fat/ low cal version of Asian Salad. I used broccoli slaw and added some extra veggies along with some of Trader Joe's Cranberry, Rosemary Pecans. I used the Trader Joe's Balsamic Peanut vinaigrette and let me just tell you that it's pretty yummy.


Anyway, back to my goals for the weekend. Besides the usual grocery shopping, laundry and house cleaning, I would also like to:




Finish my Farmer's Wife quilt top

(it's almost done. I just need to add one more section and then the two outside boarders)


Start spinning some new fluff


Try 3 new recipes that I got off of Pinterest
Rosemary and Onion Pork Chops

Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Chicken Breasts

Weight Watchers Corn Chowder

There is a 4th one that I'm also considering.


Finish knitting the Bunny out of my white Homespun yarn


See the Iron Lady


And last but not least... Make it to my 3 back to back exercise classes tomorrow AM


There you have it. I think it's a doable list. What are your plans for the weekend? I hope you have a good one!


Sally


No comments: