Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Early Signs Of Fall




The children here start back to school next week. That seems very early to me. It has been so hot and humid lately that it seems improbable that summer will ever end. I know better though. Fall is just around the corner. I think I could even smell it this morning. A "cold" front came through last night and took away some of our heat and humidity. It did make it up to 87 degrees today, so I wouldn't call it exactly chilly, but way more bearable than 97 degrees.




My mums are starting to bud and this tiny little branch on our Japanese Maple has turned bright red. Leaves are falling off of trees and those darn cicadas are singing at the top of their lungs and leaving their creepy little shells all over the place.















Sorry about the fuzzy picture, I can't figure out how to get my camera to focus on these critters, but you get the idea. This guy was just stuck to our gate. Lovely.

Sally

No comments: