Saturday, August 27, 2011

Seeing Grace Off

Her bags have been packed for nearly a week. She's been counting down the days, hours and minutes until finally the big moment arrived. We took Grace to the airport at 6:15 this morning. Her bag weighed in at 46.5 lbs. 50lb was the limit. The main problem is that she can't really carry it. She's hoping that a nice Spanish boy will help her once she gets to Madrid.











She tolerated all of my picture taking pretty well. Her plane was scheduled to leave on time, from Louisville, to Chicago and then on to London and Madrid. With the crazy hurricane Irene weather going on on the east coast we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything stays on schedule. Alan has a plane tracking App on his new phone, so we will be watching her every move. Don't you just love technology?
Speaking of technology, Grace is planning on keeping a Blog while she is in Spain. If you want to keep track of her too and see what she's up to, you can follow her here
I'm hoping that she will take lots of pictures, but she doesn't seem to have inherited that gene from me.





















We are so excited for her. What a huge adventure. She is not the least bit nervous or worried about anything. She is just all smiles. I guess that's the way it should be.



My Dad ran into an old friend at airport. I'm not sure what they were talking about, but it probably had something to do with chicken.



I'm going to do the best I can adjusting to life without Grace (She keeps reminding me that she is not dying) I'll do my best to keep you all up to date.
Enjoy your weekend!


Sally











No comments: