Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gifted with a Blast from the Past

Friends of ours recently lost a family member. Aunt Ruth was 100 years old and from the stories that we have heard, a real character. She lived by herself in the home she had grown up in until she took a little spill and probably broke a hip. While sorting through her house, Gordon and Kathy came across a package of knitting things and thought of me.


Opening the package was like stepping back in time. Way, way back. As best as I can tell she must have started this unfinished project sometime during the early 60's.













The yarn is crazy. She apparently paid 85 cents for each skein and it's a mix of acetate and nylon.

I can't find a date anywhere in the pattern book, but I'm going to do a little research. It shouldn't be that difficult to find out when it was published. The hair styles of the models are almost as much fun as the patterns themselves.







The best part of the whole package is this amazing needle set. I don't think anyone has touch it in years. I'm not sure how usable it will be, but considering it's only missing on needle I think it's in wonderful condition.








I have no idea what some of the parts are for and it did not come with an instruction manual, so I guess I'll be spending some time on GOOGLE.

What a totally unexpected gift.


I love it!


Sally









No comments: